Home > Frequently Asked Questions > How to tell that your projector lamp's lifespan is coming to an end ?
|JVC BHL-5010-STestimony of a customer living Sheffield for: ( original projector lamp / bulb), bougth on 07/5/2014> Read more|
|OPTOMA SP.83C01G001Testimony of a customer living Rochdale for: ( original projector lamp / bulb), bougth on 26/4/2014> Read more|
How to tell that your projector lamp's lifespan is coming to an end ?
You have been using your projector lamp for some time and would like to know if you have to replace it by a new lamp.
Here are some indications that may help you to know if it is time to change your projector lamp:
- The average projector lamp lifespan ranges from 2000 to 4000 hours, sometimes more depending on the brand and model. If you have been using your projector lamp for some time and notice that the image quality starts to decline, it is recommended to replace the lamp, even if it has not yet reached the end of its theoretical lifespan.
- You turn your projector on and a message asking you to replace the projector lamp is displayed.
- The projected image is altered, yellowish, the colors are dull. The lamp loses luminosity.
- A milky layer shows progressively on the lamp's inside.
- The lamp counter indicates the end of your lamps's lifespan. Do not try to keep on using the lamp, it could explode inside the projector and damage it. Do not reset the lamp counter without having replaced the lamp.
NB : If, in spite of having changed the projector lamp, the image continues to be dull (or shows red, blue or purple effects), check the power supply cable. It could be damaged.
DLA-HD1, a powerful JVC projector of its time...
Finally, with technological progress in terms of display, other JVC models have been brought out to replace the DLA-HD1 and to better meet the needs of home cinema fans. For example, the new...
> Read more..
The BenQ W1080ST vs the Optoma GT 1080 Darbee Video Projector...
The technology of today advances at an incredible speed. Even if most video projectors improve along with these technological advances, customers are not inclined to buy the latest model ev...
> Read more..